Friday 17 August 2012

Some History

While I was away, I got an email saying that someone had saved some papers on Dragonflies for me which were about to be thrown out when a room was being renovated. The apparently come from the collection of the late Jack Spittle. Yesterday I went to pick them up. I assumed that they would be quite recent but most are actually from the 40's and 50's. They include a reprint of the paper on the discovery of Dainty Damsel as new for Britain:






There are lots of reprints of papers by the great A. Eric Gardner and some are signed:



This is his work on Dragonfly biology and is signed with the note "Best Wishes for the New Year".




Sympetrum meridionale at Dawlish IDed retrospectively (does sub-teneral suggest that it may have bred?)







About the length of paper that keeps my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment